Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Introductions

My name is Candy and I am 33.  And a half.  I don't know why people stop saying that as they go from child to adult but I never have.  I have a 24 week old son who keeps me up most nights.  We call him Ruckus due to a mistake my friend made with his actual name, and it seemed so appropriate that it just stuck.  I also have a husband who I love dearly and depend on to help me through this crazy part of our lives.  We cling to each other like life rafts most days, and he usually thanks me for coming home at night.

I work at a law firm full time, and have since Ruckus was just 7 weeks old.  That was rough, going back to work.  I had set up a babysitter to watch him during my workdays and a week before my scheduled return to work I popped in to see if all was well and good for leaving my beautiful baby, and I was surprised to see the place trashed, and strange people milling about as they waited for a drug connect.  I placed a frantic call to my husband and asked how he would feel about staying home for a while with the boy, and we put that plan into action the following week.  It has been a strange time for us as my husband transitions from a truck driver to a stay at home dad.  I love it even though I know how hard it must be for him.  But he does a fabulous job with our son and has yet to burn down the house while cooking breakfast or making my lunches so I can't say a single bad thing about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment