Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Half Birthday

Little Ruckus is a whole six months old today and I am so happy!  I feel like we have all made it through one of the toughest six months of our lives and I'm glad to have the 'hard parts' behind us.  His dad and I have survived the trial by fire method of learning what the cries mean, playing the what's-that-smell game, toy and furniture assembly, guess the rash and how to treat it, sleep deprivation, first illness, first tooth, two rounds of shots and countless mini-trials in between, all while not hating each other and maintaining a good mood so as not to depress the poor helpless child.

I am confident that the next six months will offer more challenges and opportunities for parental growth and I hope that Dad and I can rise to the occasions as they come.  Sure, we'll have our moments of tearful defeat and the realization that almost nothing we do or don't do will make a huge difference in the long run, but we will try our best and take our lumps as they come.

So here is to belly sleeping, eating meat, and childproofing the house!  May the next six months contain more good times than bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment