Thursday, July 5, 2012

Running Out of Firsts

Yesterday was Independence Day, and I spent it with my husband and son.  Nobody else.  It was awesome!  We weren't really trying to avoid anyone, it just worked out that we had no definite plans and decided to stay at home and take it easy, and this ended up being a very enjoyable way to spend the day.

Ruckus is a handful so it was nice that I was able to stay at home and help my husband with the things that he normally has to handle by himself.  I took a bunch of pictures of the baby to commemorate the holiday and many of them turned out great.

We set up the baby's first splash pool on the patio out back and filled it with water to warm in the sun while I fed Ruckus his lunch.  He likes squash!  A little while after lunch I dressed him in his swim trunks and we trundled out back to get the playtime started.  Although he was confused at first he got the hang of the whole outside-bath pretty quickly and enjoyed himself.



After about an hour we decided to wrap it up and go inside, as I seemed to have missed a bit of the babies back with the sunscreen application so he was getting red in patches and I wanted to avoid a sunburn.

After that Ruckus had a glass of milk the hard way which mostly ended up in his lap.  We'll need to practice this a little more, or I should say that I need to practice this more, as I'm the one holding the cup as it pours down his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment