Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Light Reading

My kiddo looked really really cute when he woke up this morning.  We share a pillow right now so he is super close to my face and he was all smiles when he opened his eyes and realized what he was looking at.  : )

I don't have much new to say.  I read a lot of blogs.  Some of them are about parenting, some are serious, some funny, some have absolutely nothing to do with parenting although those are sort of hard to find because so many parents need/want a blog to somehow get it all out of their heads.  Anyway...  I have really been enjoying the blogs I have listed below.  They make me laugh and a lot of times I find myself nodding in agreement as they are saying what I am sometimes thinking.  It is nice to have that validation, that you aren't the only one thinking x, y, and/or z.

My Twin*tastic Life is a blog written by the mother of twin boys who are now four.  I've been working my way through the archives of this one and find myself laughing all the time.  Love it!

Werdyab is another blog I really enjoy.  I've already read all of the archives for this and so now have to wait for the new stuff to come out. 

Diary of a Mad Woman is just that.  This blog makes me cry all the time, and cheer for a stranger and her family who have been through so much in less than a year.  This blog is not for you if you are already feeling low or a bit sensitive but if you like a true story of tragedy turning triumph (hopefully) you might enjoy watching this train wreck get cleaned up.

Motherhood, WTF? is a blog that makes me actually say WTF.  I think this woman needs some parenting classes, to start with.  I'll leave it at that.

Beta Dad is written by a stay at home dad.  I have really enjoyed reading this one over the years.  He writes a lot less now that his twin girls have gotten older but the archives are fun to read, and it is nice to have a dad's perspective on things that traditionally only women deal with.

That's all, to start with.  There are a bunch more but I'll save those for another time when I am feeling not-so-wordy.

I can't wait to go home and see Ruckus!  I hope that his dad will have him in the window again today, waiting for me to pull in to the drive way.  To see the baby's expression go from serious to overjoyed when he sees me... so priceless I can't put it into words.


No comments:

Post a Comment